– Clinton Street Theater, 8/13/2017, double feature with Scott Ballard’s Welcoming Departure. 5$ admission or $7 for both films.
– Stowe Story Labs, September 12, 2016, Stowe Cinema. pic here
– SoCal Film Festival, February 11, 2016, Huntington Library. my notes on the screening here.
– Boise Film Festival, September 26, 10:30 am, Ming Studios, my notes on the screening here
– Portland Film Festival, Living Room Theaters, Friday September 4th, 7:45 pm & Saturday September 5th 5 pm. my notes on the screenings here
– Hoffman Community Center, Manzanita Beach, Ore, Friday August 28th 2015, my notes on the screening here
– Columbia Gorge International Film Festival, Friday August 14th 2015, Washburn Auditorium. WINNER: Best Narrative Feature (Local). my notes on the screening here
– Seattle Transmedia & Independent Film Festival – Sunday May 3, 2015, Grand Illusion Cinema, Seattle. NOMINEE: Best Narrative Feature. my notes on the screening here
– World Trade Center Auditorium, Portland OR. A non-color-corrected ‘the black sea’ is shown to friends, family and public. This screening was to satisfy a project grant from the Regional Arts + Culture Council. 4/27/14 Response from one viewer “Brilliant film. Talented cast. Lovely and scary soundtrack”
– review from The M Report here
– review from Willamette Week 9.2.15 here
– interview with writer/director Brian Padian via #RealWorldArt
– podcast interview with director Brian Padian on The Job via Needmore
– video interview about production and filmmaking behind ‘the black sea’ via Portland Film Beat